4.11.11

red wine chocolate cake


A few weeks ago I was having one of those days where all I wanted needed to do was go home and eat cake. Preferably chocolate cake. I can't tell you how happy I was when I found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen's blog. Red wine and chocolate in a cake? Yes please. That night I skipped yoga and headed straight home after work. As you can see I made a fairly good dent in the cake (this photo may have been taken before I helped myself to a second slice). 


This cake is dangerously quick and easy to make. It's very moist and has a great depth of flavour. The wine and cinnamon give it a nice wintry spice, although I think it would be perfect anytime of year. It reminds me of my Mum's chocolate mud cake, but it's not as rich so you can eat more in one sitting. Bonus. I suggest you make it immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Yum. You are very convincing there, I am now certain that i must eat this, which means i guess i have to bake! Also, love the cake stand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuuuum. one of my weird taste bud changes after having a baby is now i want choc cake. alot. Never really used to like it much. another one is marmalade. I used to actively dislike Marmalde, not any more.

    Me and my sis gave each other these cake stands for xmas a couple of years ago without each other knowing. and I used them for our wedding cupcakes. They're super cute. do you know what isn't super cute.....Baby is crying not sleeping. Maybe she needs cake....

    ReplyDelete